Self Catering Breaks
A free self catering break at Pine or Birch Cottage is the perfect choice for some private quality time together with your family. Located next door to each other, within a tranquil development near Coleraine, these cosy self-catering cottages offer exhausted families who are coming to terms with a cancer diagnosis the chance to get away from it all.
Who can stay at our self-catering cottages?
Self-catering breaks are available to:
- Families whose child (0-24) has been diagnosed with cancer*
- Families where a parent has been diagnosed with cancer
- Young adults (18-25) who have been diagnosed with cancer
- Bereaved families
*Families from ROI can be referred through the Social Work Team at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin.
Family Friendly Facilities
The Cottages sleep a family of 5 and have a range of facilities to meet your needs including:
- 2 bedrooms * Bed linen provided
- Living room
- Kitchen/dining area
- Dishwasher and washing machine
- Bathroom with bath and shower
- Shared family friendly garden with barbeque
- Free internet access
- Travel cots and high chairs
Explore The Surrounding Area
The Cottages are situated on the banks of the River Bann in the North Coast of Antrim, home to some of the most breath-taking scenery Northern Ireland has to offer including:
- World famous Giants Causeway
- Golden sands of Portstewart Strand
- Famous Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
- Exhilarating cliff path at The Gobbins
- Seaside resort of Portrush
Our self catering Cottages are a short five mile drive from Coleraine town centre with access to numerous family friendly restaurants, play parks, a cinema and leisure centre. If you would prefer a cosy night in there are plenty of books, games, toys and DVD’s available in the cottages.
Short Breaks Bookings
If you want to book a short break or have a query about your stay, please get in touch with your Cancer Support Specialist.
If you need to make contact with us regarding your booking, please call Cancer Fund for Children on 0044 28 9080 5599.
233 Loughan Road
Your Short Break Stories
As a family we really enjoyed our stay in this tranquil place. It was a time to recharge our batteries after a very stressful time. The break at Pine Cottage meant more than others may appreciate. It is an essential service that to me is as important as all the medical assistance we have received.