In Your School
Schools and youth organisations are at the heart of Cancer Fund for Children.
Whether you’re a nursery, primary school, secondary school or youth group there are lots of ways you can get involved and raise funds to support local children living with cancer, and their families.
This has been a year like no other! We all know for several months things were put on pause, however our support for children and young people affected by cancer was not. We know that there are now a lot of changes within schools. To ensure we can still provide support with your fundraising safely, we have also made changes:
- A visit from our Schools Fundraiser can be offered if restrictions allow and if your school is happy to receive one.
- If a visit is not possible we now have specially made videos for schools which will explain the work of Cancer Fund for Children and how your schools support will help.
- Our Schools Fundraiser can also connect directly with individual year groups or classes via Zoom. The work of the charity will be explained and the opportunity for pupils to ask questions will be available.
- A PowerPoint presentation explaining the work of the charity is available for teachers to show during class
- Fundraising packs can still be offered to make any event easy and fun. These can be delivered or if you prefer an email version can be sent.
- If your school would prefer not to handle cash from pupils, cashless donation options are available.
- If the situation should arise, most of our fundraising events also give pupils the option to take part at home.
Please contact our Schools Fundraiser, Rebecca, if you have any questions or queries by email: Rebecca@cancerfundforchildren.com or phone: 028 9080 5599
You could come up with your own event or take part in one of our fun school events below.
Suitable for both Primary and Secondary, ReadOn is the perfect fundraiser to hold in your school, encouraging students to bury their noses in books for a great cause. Also a fantastic idea for World Book Day!
Perfect for Nursery aged children and also Primary School! Whatever the weather, indoors or outdoors, you can hold your very own picnic in aid of Cancer Fund for Children. Tell pupils to bring along their favourite teddy and it is sure to be a great day.
This December instead of pupils buying teachers and staff Christmas presents, why not suggest they make a very special donation to Cancer Fund for Children. Suitable for Nursery, Primary and Secondary School.
This Christmas may be a little different to previous years, however Christmas Jumpers are one thing that will remain a firm favourite this Festive season. All Wrapped Up is back for 2020 and while we are living in changed times, there is no reason why your All Wrapped Up day can’t be as fun as always! Ask your pupils to wear their favourite Christmas Jumper or festive clothing for the day in aid of Cancer Fund for Children.
Help in Hand encourages pupils to carry out good deeds or tasks, one for each finger and thumb on their hand, and make a donation for each task successfully completed. This event is perfect Primary School aged children, but all ages can participate.
A great summer fundraiser which can help educate Nursery and Primary aged children on the importance of staying safe in the sun, in a fun and creative way.
A sponsored dander of less than a mile. The ideal event for Nursery & Primary School pupils, promoting exercise and healthy living in a fun way.
A non-uniform day with a difference is suitable for all ages! For a small donation to Cancer Fund for Children, pupils can wear an item of yellow clothing. It could be as simple as wearing a bright yellow scarf, hat or t-shirt.
Charity of the Year
Or why not choose us as your charity of the school year and plan a few events throughout the school terms to get pupils motivated and engaged in raising money to support other children? You don’t have to take part in one of our events, you can come up with your own!
We’re here to support you and can provide you with lots of materials to ensure your fundraising gets an A+ for success.