- This event has passed.
Virtual Climb Slieve Donard Challenge 2020
May 1 - May 31
Join us in taking on Northern Ireland’s highest peak from the safety of your own home. By putting your best foot forward, you can help Cancer Fund for Children ensure that no young person has to face cancer alone.
When: You choose your dates!
Where: Your own home!
Registration: Download your FREE fundraising here
Sponsorship: Aim for £80 in sponsorship but whatever you raise will be massively appreciated!
This year, our annual Climb Slieve Donard challenge was set to take place on Sunday 24th May. We have unfortunately had to cancel this event due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t take part from the safety of your own home .
At Cancer Fund for Children, 90% of our income is generated through fundraising efforts such as our Climb Slieve Donard challenge and the generosity of our local community which is why we have had to quickly adapt to the new normal and come up with creative ways to fundraise – enter the virtual challenge!
It’s time to get those walking shoes on and put your best foot forward to ensure that children living with cancer and their families across Northern Ireland continue to receive support now when it is needed more than ever.
What do I have to do? It’s simple…
- Walk 12,672 steps throughout the month of May from the safety of your own home – the approximate number of steps it would take to conquer Slieve Donard, Northern Ireland’s highest mountain. You can choose whether you want to walk it all in one day, spread out over a few days or take a little longer. It can be a solo challenge or why not ask family, friends or work colleagues to join you?!
- You can track your progress using a pedometer or other wearable fitness tracker, or by downloading a step tracker app on your phone – there are lots of free apps on both the App Store and Google Play.
- REMEMBER TO STAY AT HOME! Clock up those steps around the house as you clean, potter about and get out into the garden for a few laps. If you do use your daily outdoor exercise as a way to build up some steps, please ensure you follow government guidelines.
- Aim for £80 in sponsorship by setting up a JustGiving page – guidelines on setting up a page are included in your fundraising pack.
- And most importantly, have fun while you take part! While this challenge will raise funds to support young people across Northern Ireland impacted by a cancer diagnosis, it is also a great way to keep you engaged and healthy during isolation.
We hope you decide to join us and take on our virtual climb challenge. Your support would be greatly appreciated and funds raised from this event will go a long way as we continue to support local families impacted by cancer and are accepting referrals for support.
Have a question for us?
If you have a questions about the virtual challenge please do not hesitate to get in touch with our fundraising team T: 028 9080 5599 | E: email@example.com
Remember to donwload your free fundraising pack with everything you need to take part in this challenge here.
#TogetherThorughCancer #HomeHero #VirtualSlieveDonardChallenge