Trek The Camino de Santiago
October 19 - October 25£2950
When: 19th-25th October 2019
Where: Portomarin to Santiago, Spain
Cost: Registration £200 | Minimum Sponsorship £2,750
Contact: Phone 028 9080 5599 | Email email@example.com
Trek the Camino de Santiago – experience the most famous European trek
Cancer Fund for Children are thrilled to invite you to take part in this awe-inspiring adventure through the stunning northern Spanish countryside, ending in one of the most beautiful European cities, Santiago. Most importantly, you will be taking on this challenge to support local families living with cancer. With your support, we can make sure families don’t have to face cancer alone.
This spectacular 7 day challenge includes 5 days of trekking through Spain’s stunning countryside, crossing the Rivers Ligonde and Pambre, passing through quaint, traditional Spanish towns, and through beautiful forests. To top it all off, you will receive a certificate upon completion of the trail to certify you as an official Camino Pilgrim!
Camino de Santiago Highlights:
- Explore the Church of Santiago de Barbadelo set amidst beautiful oak trees.
- Travel through traditional Spanish villages with their incredible architecture and beautiful, lush countryside.
- Take in the sights of the Ligonde River and Pambre River.
- Discover Santiago and the stunning central square of Plaza del Obradoiro with its exquisite cathedral.
- Taste the wonderful local cuisine and get a feel for Spanish culture.
- Upon completion of the trek, receive your official certificate to certify you as an official Camino Pilgrim!
- International flights
- All accommodation – hotels and hostels
- National Park entrance fees
- All meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner (except lunch on day 1 and day 7)
- Luggage and participant transfers
- Action Challenge trek leader
- Expedition medic
- 3 litres of treated water for each day you are trekking
- Be 18 years and older
- Have a good level of fitness and be willing to do additional training
- Be committed to raising the minimum sponsorship amount
- Have a sense of adventure!
Why Trek With Cancer Fund for Children
As a Cancer Fund for Children trekker you will receive:
- A welcome pack with training and fundraising hints and tips
- Full support from a dedicated Cancer Fund for Children Fundraiser
- A Cancer Fund for Children representative who will join you the entire trek
- Pre-trek team meetings to get to know one another
- Organised training walks with a qualified Cancer Fund for Children expedition leader
- Lots of fundraising materials to help you reach your target
- A bright Cancer Fund for Children Trek the Camino de Santiago t-shirt
- A post-trek home celebration night
Importantly, by trekking with Cancer Fund for Children, you’ll be helping us to support children and their families affected by cancer, so they don’t have to face cancer alone. Funds raised will enable our team of Specialists to provide a range of practical, emotional and financial support, as well as free therapeutic short breaks, helping families to cope better, feel more connected and ready to face whatever challenges may lie ahead on their cancer journey.
Find Out More
To find out more about this once in a lifetime challenge get in touch with us:
Phone: 028 9080 5599