Trek Borneo – postponed
April 18 - April 26
**Event Update – The Borneo Trek is postponed following the advice issued by the UK Government
We apologies for any inconvenience this has caused but participants health and safety is our priority.
Thank you for your understanding**
When: 18th-26th April 2020
Where: Borneo Jungle Trek and Kinabalu Summit
Cost: Registration £250 | Minimum Sponsorship £4,000
Contact: Phone 028 9080 5599 | Email AMANDA@CANCERFUNDFORCHILDREN.COM
Trek Borneo – The trek that has it all – tropical jungle, magnificent mountains and fascinating wildlife.
Cancer Fund for Children is thrilled to invite you to take part in this experience of a lifetime. The island of Borneo has it all – dense tropical rain forests, misty blue mountains, exotic flowers, great diving and fascinating wildlife including Orangutans.
Most importantly, you will be taking on this challenge to support local families living with cancer. With your support, we can make sure families don’t have to face cancer alone.
This spectacular 9 day challenge includes 5 days of trekking, taking you from the capital Kota Kinabalu, into the jungle and foothills of the islands highest peak and finally up Mt. Kinabalu. You will meet the people of Borneo who are friendly, warm and humorous and will take part in some of their local customs,which have grown from a fascinating mix of 25 different ethnic groups.
Trek Borneo Highlights
- Trek 10K along the historic Prisoner of War Sandakan-Ranau trail, the route many British and Australian prisoners were forced to walk.
- Climb up to and over Marakau Hill crossing the Ranau Plain to the Prisoner of War Memorial.
- Take in the spectacular views, and experience jungle vegetation and exotic wildlife as you climb Mount Kinabalu, one of South East Asia’s highest mountains.
- Capture wonderful photos from the summit of Mount Kinabalu were you will be rewarded by glorious views from the peak.
- Trek across mountain ranges through the jungle to Kiau Village to meet local villagers and experience their local customs.
- International flights
- All accommodation
- National Park entrance fees
- All meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner (except in free time)
- Luggage and participant transfers
- Action Challenge trek leader
- Expedition medic
- 3 litres of treated water for each day you are trekking
- Be 18 years and older
- Have a good level of fitness and be willing to do additional training
- Be committed to raising the minimum sponsorship amount
- Have a sense of adventure!
Why Trek With Cancer Fund for Children
As a Cancer Fund for Children trekker you will receive:
- A welcome pack with training and fundraising hints and tips
- Full support from a dedicated Cancer Fund for Children Fundraiser
- A Cancer Fund for Children representative who will join you the entire trek
- Pre-trek team meetings to get to know one another
- Organised training walks with a qualified Cancer Fund for Children expedition leader
- Lots of fundraising materials to help you reach your target
- A bright Cancer Fund for Children Trek Borneo t-shirt
- A post-trek home celebration night
Importantly, by trekking with Cancer Fund for Children, you’ll be helping us to support young people and their families affected by cancer. Funds raised will help our team of Cancer Support Specialists provide a range practical and emotional support, as well as free therapeutic short breaks, helping families to cope better, feel more connected and ready to face whatever challenges may lie ahead on their cancer journey.
Find Out More
To find out more about this once in a lifetime challenge get in touch with us:
Phone: 028 9080 5599