Donate to Rory’s Miles to Mayo
My name is Maggie and I am 13. I enjoy going to the stockcars, shopping, the beach and listening to music. My favourite film is Legally Blonde.
I found out I had a Brain Tumour on the 9th October 2020, four days before my 13th birthday after falling down a few stairs.
My diagnosis made me feel sad and cross. I didn’t want to be diagnosed anymore. I found it frustrating as I was able to walk into the hospital then after my operation, I had to rely on others to help as I was very ‘wobbly’.
” I think what Rory is doing is exciting and amazing! I have stayed at Daisy Lodge in Newcastle and would love everyone with a cancer diagnosis to get the opportunity to stay there as it was so much fun. “
Donate now to Rory’s Miles to Mayo
Last year, thanks to donations like yours we provided
- SUPPORT TO OVER 500 FAMILIES COMING TO TERMS WITH THE DEVASTATING IMPACT OF A CANCER DIAGNOSIS.
- PROVIDED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT TO 112 FAMILIES WHO HAVE LOST A CHILD OR PARENT TO CANCER.
- DELIVERED 1,603 SUPPORT SESSIONS TO YOUNG PEOPLE DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER OR LIVING WITH A PARENT WITH CANCER.
- PROVIDED 2,210 CHILDREN AND PARENTS WITH A FREE THERAPEUTIC SHORT BREAK IN DAISY LODGE BRINGING FAMILIES TOGETHER IN A NURTURING ENVIRONMENT.
- HELPED 269 CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS THROUGH RESIDENTIAL GROUP BRINGING THEM TOGETHER WITH YOUNG PEOPLE GOING THROUGH A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE.